January 1, 2015

Month of Mindfulness Haiku Challenge

It's a new year...do you want to bring more mindfulness into your life this year? Join me for month-long mindful challenge. Several readers joined me in a 30 day Haiku Rally in 2013, let's jump start our mindfulness in 2015 by embracing the Month of Mindfulness Haiku Challenge during January. The challenge is to write a daily haiku about something you notice each day. 

If you remember the format of a haiku, it is deceptively simple, 3 lines composed of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables, but the finished product is beautifully complex and an expression of a mindful moment in your life.

I will be posting my daily haiku on this blog, and I invite you to include yours in the comment section or to write privately. 

Haiku #1

Ice crystals glisten
Each breath becomes visible
Start of a new year


2 comments:

tlainhart said...

Dawn creeps in slowly
Hot water pushed through crushed beans
What do I do now?

Unknown said...

Love your haiku, @tlainhart...thanks for contributing to the mindfulness challenge